We advise both domestic and international clients, individuals and
companies, in relation to various admiralty and maritime issues
We advise both domestic and international clients, individuals and companies, in relation to various admiralty and maritime issues ranging from ship arrests, cargo claims, maritime accidents, insurance claims and maritime liens. We have a very effective team of lawyers and paralegals who can act very promptly upon instructions from client; this
special attribute of our team puts us forward as one of the most thorough yet fast acting law firms in the country. In maritime disputes, urgency and acting fast on instructions are of paramount importance, and having such quality in our team only adds to their brilliance.
Our recent track records in this sector include:
- Representing a dry-dock paints supplier company in its action in rem amounting to approximately US$ 600,000 against a vessel carrying Bangladesh flag and have the vessel arrested at the Chittagong sea port, Bangladesh.
- Advised and assisted a contracted buyer in arresting a Brazilian vessel scheduled for dismantling in Bangladesh for breach of contract.
- Representing a Japanese bank in establishing its maritime lien against a Greek vessel arrested at the Chittagong port through enforcing arbitration clause contained in the Sale Agreement in the High Court Division of Supreme Court of Bangladesh.
- Representing a local importer in its claim for cargo damages of approximately US$ 150,000 through an action in rem under the Admiralty Act, 2000 through enforcing its rights arising under the charter-party agreement.
- Defending a desponent owner of a Bangladeshi vessel against the claim of the owners in the Admiralty Court of the High Court Division.
- Advising and assisting a leading global Protection & Indemnity (P&I) club and its members on various admiralty and maritime claims.