Barrister Rumaiya Tasneem Huq
Barrister-at-Law, Lincoln’s Inn, United Kingdom.
- PGDip in Bar Training (BPTC), Northumbria University, United Kingdom;
- LLM, International Commercial Law, Northumbria University, United Kingdom;
- Professional LLM, International Business Law, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, Canada;
- LLB (Hons.), University of London, United Kingdom.
Barrister Rumaiya Tasneem Huq is trained in England and Wales as a Barrister and has been working with the Ahammad, Jonaed & Partners, a full-service law firm, since February’ 2017. Having specialization in both International Business Law and Commercial Law, she has gathered specific expertise in Company Matters, Corporate Compliance and Regulatory Regime and Labour Laws of Bangladesh over the years.
- Drafting shareholders’ agreement, share sale and purchase agreement, investment and share subscription agreement, vendor agreement, strategic partnership agreement, escrow agreement, technical services agreement, payment collection solution agreement through digital / mobile financial services, employment contracts, consultancy agreements, agreements for hiring independent contractors, drafting of wide ranging internal corporate governance policies and other agreements to represent different types of employment relationships.
- Consultancy and opinions to domestic companies and locally established foreign companies on regulations and applicable laws relating to Foreign Direct Investments, Corporate Compliance under Bangladesh’s Company Laws, Compliance with the Bangladesh’s Labour and Employment
- Drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts like Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contracts and Joint Venture
- Corporate re-structuring which includes preparing of all documentations relating to transfer of shares, issuances and allotment of shares as required by the RJSC, and Formation of companies, branch, liaison and representative
- Drafting and giving opinions to a foreign investor relating to a solar power plant project including formation of company, regulatory compliance and relevant agreements. The project is currently under PPA stage.
- Conducting tutorials and assessing students which include class
- Providing efficient guidelines and feedback to students in accordance with the
- Supervising students in an efficient
- Working in groups in order to achieve common
- Reading the facts of the cases and making a chronology of the main facts and events.
- Assisting in drafting cases and writing opinions
- Conducting legal
- Reviewing corporate
- Corporate Governance and Regulatory Compliance
- International Trade & Contract Enforcement
- Commercial & Transactional law
- Financial Practice (Investment Structuring and Documentation)
- Member, The Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn;
- President (2021-2022), Rotary Club of Dhaka One;
- Zone Secretary (2022-2023), District 3281, Rotary International;