Corporate and Foreign Direct Investments
Corporate and commercial legal services, particularly in relation to foreign direct investments, constitute a major part of our practice. We have been involved in several of the country’s ground-breaking corporate and financial transactions, and advise listed and unlisted domestic, international and multi-national corporations, banks, financial institutions, industries, state-owned enterprises and government departments.
Our recent notable track record in the foreign investment and corporate sector include having:
- Successfully negotiated and executed a Joint Venture Agreement between one of the largest conglomerates in Bangladesh and renowned tier producer of India for the establishment of a production facility in Bangladesh being values at approximately US$ 35
- Advising and assisting with corporate issues, regulatory matters and overall structuring of a US$ 130 million investment project in the textile industry being established in
- Negotiated and executed a transaction on behalf of a local conglomerate with restructuring its corporate structure and raising capital of US$15 million through issuance of premium shares to one of the leading international financial
- Advised and assisted one of the leading public limited companies in Bangladesh in its US$ 17 million acquisition of 100% shareholding of another
- Advised and assisted one of the largest conglomerates of Bangladesh on a joint venture to be formed with one of the largest textiles producers of Malaysia on establishing a 100% export oriented backward linkage textile.
- Recently completed a multiparty joint venture between a Bangladeshi, Chinese and US entities with establishing a Knitting and Woven industry in Bangladesh Export Processing Zone with an estimated investment of US$ 40
- Assisting a renowned Sri Lankan security service provider company to set up its Branch Office in Bangladesh and obtain work permits, security clearance and visas for its expat employees.