Corporate and commercial legal services
constitute a major part of our practice
Our recent notable track record in the foreign investment and corporate sector include having:
- Successfully negotiated and executed a Joint Venture Agreement between one of the largest conglomerates in Bangladesh and renowned tier producer of India for the establishment of a production facility in Bangladesh being values at approximately US$ 35 million.
- Advising and assisting with corporate issues, regulatory matters and overall structuring of a US$ 130 million investment project in the textile industry being established in Bangladesh.
- Negotiated and executed a transaction on behalf of a local conglomerate with restructuring its corporate structure and raising capital of US$15 million through issuance of premium shares to one of the leading international financial investors.
- Advised and assisted one of the leading public limited companies in Bangladesh in its US$ 17 million acquisition of 100% shareholding of another company.
- Advised and assisted one of the largest conglomerates of Bangladesh on a joint venture to be formed with one of the largest textiles producers of Malaysia on establishing a 100% export oriented backward linkage textile industry.
- Recently completed a multiparty joint venture between a Bangladeshi, Chinese and US entities with establishing a Knitting and Woven industry in Bangladesh Export Processing Zone with an estimated investment of US$ 40 million.
Assisting a renowned Sri Lankan security service provider company to set up its Branch Office in Bangladesh and obtain work permits, security clearance and visas for its expat employees.