Our lawyers are the most experienced in the energy sector, having dealt with
both renewable and non-renewable energy projects
Our lawyers are the most experienced in the energy sector and have dealt with both renewable and non-renewable energy projects. Over time, corporate and institutional attitudes towards environmental and resource management have changed tremendously. Our team of expert lawyers is dedicated to effectively advise on corporate environment and resource strategies to best meet the clients’ needs.
Our services include environmental due diligence, environmental permitting, waste law and hazardous substance control, infrastructural development, water law, service delivery organizations and agreements, local government capacity and public-private-partnership.
Our recent track records in this sector include:
- Advising and representing one of the largest Power Plan owned by Govt. of Bangladesh since 2009. Engaged in Negotiation for dispute resolution with vendor amounting approximately US$ 40 million. Carried legal due diligence with regard to feasibility studies of Kadda Power Plant, Gazipur. Engaged in Arbitration Proceedings under ICC Arbitration Rules held in Paris representing our clients claim for Euro 32 million.
- Advising and representing a local consortium of investor of a 54 MW IPP (Independent Power Plan) on its restructuring and documentation (i.e. Power Purchase Agreement etc.) for Power Development Board.
- Advising and representing a local Quick Rental Power Plant in its dispute with technical partner regarding EPC Contract and O & M Services.
- Advising and representing a Power generating company in Bangladesh with regard to carried on legal compliance before issuance of FAC (Final Acceptance Certificate) for a Turn – Key EPC contract of 250 MW dual fuel power plant.
- Advising a local investment group on the joint venture with a technical partner in its bid to secure an award for a 50 MW quick rental power plant.
- Engaged in structuring different SPV with regard to investment of EFH Energy Ltd, a subsidiary of EMP Global for investment of US$ 110 million.
- Advising and representing a local consortium of EPC contractors for drafting the EPC contract for a successful bid with a government owned power plant of 50 MW IPP.