Labour and Employment
Our areas of expertise include all
spheres of Labour and Employment Laws
We represent state-owned enterprises, local government institutions, development corporations as well as major listed and unlisted domestic and international corporations, benefits schemes and employers’ organizations in the field of employment law.
Our areas of expertise include dispute resolution and litigation, restructuring and retrenchment planning, employment discrimination,
and the development and drafting of wide-ranging policies, procedures and employment contracts, restraints of trade, and all existing employment related legislation.
Our recent track records in this sector include:
- Representing a multinational manufacturing company in negotiation, structuring and retrenchment of 2600 of its workers under Bangladesh Labour Act 2006.
- Advising individuals on employment arrangements, minimum wages, health and safety, unfair dismissal and anti-discrimination at the workplace.
- Advising a 100% foreign investment manufacturing company on structuring and establishing a Workers’ Profit Participating Fund under the Bangladesh Labour Act, 2006.
- Representing a multinational manufacturing company with regards to labour control and employment termination.
- Advising and assisting a joint venture resort company in preparing the employment contract templates and Human Resource Policies / Handbook.
- Advising multiple local and foreign investors on local laws pertaining to trade unions, strikes, co-determination and industrial democracy.
- Representing a leading garments-manufacturing company regarding worker unrest, wages’ structuring and employment concerns.
- Assisting a leading conglomerate on restructuring and reorganizing its complete employment structure, provident fund and HR policy.
- Defending local and foreign owned companies against claims by employees in Labour Court and Labour Appellate Tribunal.
- Advising a local group of companies structuring a cross-company Provident Fund policy.